5/04/2009

10 mm scale comparison among Copplestone's, GW and Pendraken

Recently somebody asked me about the different sizes of Copplestone's, GW and Pendraken 10 mm. fantasy figures so I've put a picture to show him.
IMO, the three brands mix rather well excepting perhaps Pendraken as they are almost a head taller than the other two.
As usual click on the pics for a bigger view.
They are from left to right:

Orcs: Copplestone's, GW and Pendraken.


Humans: Copplestone's, GW and two of Pendraken though the human belongs to a historic range which are smaller than the fantasy one.


Dwarfs: Only Copplestone's and GW, two of each.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool minis. I am a big 15mm fan both SciFi, and Fantasy. I have looked into 10mm but was not able to find good photos of them.
    Thanks

    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment Noel. As there are a lot of fantasy armies in 10 mm for games like Warmaster, it's very easy to find any type of model of practically any race, as well as cheaper than bigger scales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to decide if I should go 6mm or 10mm with my mass-battle projects. Of course it would be a long-term thing, but I don't want to change my mind in progress...

    10mm may be used as single models too, which is not much good with 6mm models. On the other hand the smaller size of 6mm minis allows for better large-battle feel...

    I still have some time to think about it, but am leaning toward choosing 6mm scale.
    But you're showing how nice can 10mm minis look, and it's much harder to achieve such results with 6mm. On the other hand - this allows to avoid this temptation and paint them faster ;)

    Thanks for the comparison. Haven't seen any such comparison elsewhere and they're always useful!

    --
    Mahon
    www.ChestOfColors.com

    ReplyDelete